Friday, April 07, 2006

Life in Ozzie Land

5.35am - The radio alarm goes off. Stu loves to laze in bed for half an hour, whereas I have to get up, or risk dozing off for another 3 hours. Am getting used to snuggling in for another 15-20min though. This is one of the best things about being married.

6.10am - Have gotten washed & dressed. Make brekky, usually cereal or oats, sometimes muffins with vegemite. Make lunch to bring to work, usually sandwich, or leftovers from dinner.

6.30am - Leave home for work. Sometimes it gets bloody cold and I turn on the heater in the car.

7.00am - Reach the office.

6.00pm - Leave the office. Get into nice Camry. The only time in the day I feel thankful that I've got this job is when I'm in the car. Feel really tired and drained after dealing with the racist, several cocky young studs, questioning directors and mumbling foremen.

6.30pm/ 7pm - Reach home, depending on whether I've been to top up fuel or not. Try and help mother-in-law with dinner. If I feel helpless, I'll go lie down on lounge w hubby n watch some TV. Feed cat. Dump clothes in washing machine if they r overflowing from the basket.

8pm - Dinner can be baked chicken w potatoes n salad, bbq-ed steak or chops w potatoes n salad, chicken or fish w rice n stir fried veg, chunky beef pie w fries, or home-delivered pizza. Mother-in-law forces me to take 4 tablets of Nuskin herbal supplements, which I wash down with Virgin Mary.

8.30pm/ 9pm - Collapse in bed after dinner. Read 5 pages of novel. Fall asleep with the snores of Stu, or the sounds from the TV.....

No comments: