Saturday, March 18, 2006

March Forth...

In my deliriously happy and high state, everyone seemed to be having fun. That made me happier than ever knowing we had the kind of wedding I've always wanted - where everyone could mingle and be as silly as they want to. (Photographic evidence however shows only 2 silly ones posing as Latino Lurvers) We managed to squeeze in both Chinese and Ang Moh traditions in that big day. Tea ceremony, Photo taking at Botanic Gardens, Chinese Banquet, Solemnisation, Bouquet and Garter throwing, Yum Seng and Speeches, and First Dance by Bride and Groom. Subing wrote that our wedding is like a 'fairy tale'...I know that Stu and I certainly felt this way ourselves. Our flower girls and flower boys, Er Yi and Uncle Jimmy, all our good friends and many others made 4th March an extra special day. We were touched by the generosity of our relatives and friends, be it in words or the help they rendered or their gifts and angpows.

My highlight of the night? When Stu thanked my parents in his speech, calling them mama papa. The solemnisation, "absolutely"! The video presentation that my brother did of our photoshoot was also a hit. Many people came up to me praising it. Meiyan made us a beautiful angpow box....I'm so so proud to have such talented family members. The flower girls' decoration of our bridal suite, the bubbles when we did our first march-in, the yum seng fight between the family, friends, and colleagues tables.

March Fourth was a long day that went by so quick. It was a beautiful day, and we savoured every minute of it. I still maintain that a perfect wedding is not important, but it seemed to me more perfect that it could ever be.

1 comment:

weishan said...

huay, it was a very sweet and memorable wedding! sorry, i din made it to ur farewell @ apple's house on saturday... please take care when u are in aussie yah?