Saturday, April 08, 2006

Weekends

This is the first time in the 7 years of my working life that I do not have to work saturdays. Yipppeeee!!!! There r so many things to do, for example

(10) Fishing up the coast with Colby
(9) A day on the water in Tommy's Dad's fishing boat
(8) Visit Kylie & Debbie in Newcastle and fish off Eddie's wharf.

These 3 items are of course Stu's favourite weekend activities, as they all involve the word 'Fish'. The only thing I like to do with fish is eat them, so I guess it's fantastic when he does catch some. Plus I love the water, and I can read my novels or magazines while he's fiddling with hooks n bait, so no complaints here. It's also good that his love for fishing is genuine, unlike the 2 goons in Brokeback. How I know this is because Stu has fishy magazines, print-outs of fishing boats for sale, and a $1k reel lying about in various corners of the house.

(7) Shopping with Dana
(6) Catch up with Stu and Nathan after shopping
(5) Catch up with unanswered email and gossip with friends on MSN
(4) Catch up on beauty sleep.

Don't ask me why I need to catch up since I sleep at 9pm every night. I just do. The weather here is shiok but can be drying, even with my Loccitane Shea Butter Lotion, my legs still feel papery, scaly, yucky. The beauty sleep is supposed to cure all.

(3) Go for walk or run in the park with Zuzu
(2) Housework & iron work clothes for the week ahead.

Don't really like to do these 2 either. Housework is ok, but I really hate ironing. A walk or run in the park is ok, but not when Zuzu knocks me over in excitement, trampling over me like I'm her toy.

And the Number One thing to do on Weekends in Oz:

(1) Have a huge, lovely breakfast, either home-cooked or from a nice cafe anywhere in Sydney! Salmon on english muffins w hollandaise sauce, bacon w fried eggs and hash browns, or a savoury spinach and feta cheese muffin, which tastes like Popeye's biscuits. With orange juice and latte. Yummy yummy yummy!

1 comment:

AquaticHue said...

woman, here's my recommendation for one of the best aussie moisturiser i have ever used... Palmer's Shea Butter with Vitamin E. It's stronger than Loccitane's . You can get it from priceline. Don't forget to apply lipbalm.:P Great to know you are getting used to the new life over in Sydney. Hugs. :)