Monday, March 03, 2008

Movie/Book Reviews

Recently I've seen several movies based on books that I've read. Some comments:

- Atonement - read the book years ago. Could not remember much of it, except that it was boring and pointless. Was surprised that someone bothered to make a movie out of it. I wasn't wrong, movie was also boring, even though it was beautifully shot. And even though Keira was a delight to look at, her way of talking in the movie irritated me. I read the book again after watching the movie, convinced I missed something that took away the enjoyment of the acclaimed production, but I still couldn't find any redeeming features.

- P.S. I Love You - bought and read the book only after the movie came out, thinking it must be good. it's actually a simple chick lit, though a little different from other chick lits cos the lead guy is mostly dead. Made me cry about once or twice (which doesn't mean anything cos I can cry at anything). Then I accepted a date to watch the movie, albeit a little reluctantly as I already knew the story. Turns out that they twisted some scenes and facts, added interesting bits, and I ended up crying about 4 or 5 times, and laughed a few times too. Still think Hillary Swank looks like a guy though.

- The Kite Runner - My FAVOURITE! Favourite book, favourite movie. Go watch/ read!

- The Namesake - The movie was good but not fantastic, but I LOVE the book. Author is Jhumpa Lahiri.

No comments: