Saturday, September 23, 2006

Back in Sing

6 months seems to have flown past, yet everything seems a little bit different. The living room with the dicky small TV looking out of place, the toiletries in the 2 toilets (ulu brands that I'd never dream of buying), the new toaster in the kitchen, sunflowers at the side of the road (wilting and TOTALLY out of place), and MRT's with refundable ezlink cards. Apparently the MRT thing has been like that for 5 years and I'm just suaku. The people in the bus all have their latest handphones and ipods. Compared to Sing, Syd is really down under and maybe I belong there afterall. Arghhhhh I wan my gadgets too!!! But even if I get the N-dunno-what Nokia there wouldn't be anything much to be snap happy cos I dun have any friends in Syd. Not the real friends I have in Sing anyway. Maybe it's just me, I dun make an effort anymore and all this negativity is boring even myself. Have to kick myself to get out there, stop nuahing and live a life.

It's a bittersweet and weird feeling to be back. So happy on friday, and then the guilt is slowly seeping in...not spending enough time with family, with friends, with cat, and here I am on the net like I have all the time in the world, and doing normal things like I'd never left.

Sidetrack: I almost struck 4D! Almost!!!!! Arghhhh, Stu's gonna kill me for not buying ibet. And if I'd bought 2109, the date I came back, $500 would have been mine!!!!! Fed up...

Mom's chanting her buddhist prayers in the background...Mimi's mewing softly at my dad to be fed. I didn't know what I missed most until now...ahh stop it, making myself sad again. Better go stuff my face with doughnuts.

2 comments:

AquaticHue said...

woman ah! i miss the meet up as i need to pick up my folks on friday. let me know when are u to do some catching up. *Grin

Allan Lim said...

Welcome home Huay! Heard about your trip from Todd and Bryan. trust all is well.....

Happy belated Birthday too...

Please send my love to Stu as well..

Cheers

FATA