Friday, November 24, 2006

PMS

Last week I was the happiest married person in the world. This week I must be the most miserable wife. Pretty sure it's PMS, but there was no way I was gonna admit it.

S: What's wrong?
Me: Nothing
S: What do you mean 'nothing'?
Me: Nothing. ** sulk** Frustrated.
S: What about? Is it that time of the month?
Me: No. Just frustrated.
**silence**

That silence made me madder. I forgot what I was frustrated about, instead concentrated on fuming over why he couldn't just say something to make me feel better. He could have kept on asking what's wrong (eventually I'd think of something to complain about). He could have proclaimed his undying love for his irritating wife, I don't care, just make it sound sincere.

Me: Why are u so quiet?
S: What do u want me to say?

Now this made me realise he was fed up with me. But saying "What do you want me to say?" was the worst thing he could have said. If I answered 'Nothing', I'd get nothing. If I told him what I wanted him to say (ie. proclaim his undying love for me) and he did exactly that, I wouldn't believe him cos he would only be obliging me. Why must he wait to be asked? If he didn't say anything, that's even worse. I might just sink into depression right away.

Me: Tell me you love me.
S: U know I love u more than anything.
Me: Tell me I'm just being stupid and there's nothing wrong with us.
S: U're just being stupid and there's nothing wrong with us.
Me: U're just repeating after me.
S: U're just repeating after me.

Oh dear... instead of laughing I kept on sulking and he got bored and fell asleep. I was left wide-eyed in the dark analysing my own mental and emotional health. That's 2 hrs of beauty sleep wasted. Now I see what I've written and it hit me - I was picking a fight for no reason and the only thing wrong is how PMS affects the already complex female brain and reduces her to a whining incomprehensible idiot.

2 comments:

pea said...

neh mind..itz still his fault. =P

Toadjuice said...

Muaha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!