Saturday, July 08, 2006

Homesick

It's my mom's birthday tomorrow. I ordered her a cake, but what I really want is to be home and try out my newly acquired cooking skills on her. Just thinking about it makes me sad...she's been forcing me to learn how to cook for the longest time, and it's only a few months before I left that I was seriously trying to absorb what she says...Now I can dish up a mean xiao bai cai without her scrutinizing eyes, and she's not here to enjoy it. Oh well..I better remember what I'm writing now and really cook something for her when I'm back, and not just go shopping all day or something.

It's not even 4 months since I've been here, and barely 2 months since I saw my family, and I really didn't think I'll say this so soon. But I'm HOMESICK!!! Wail!!!

Top 5 Reasons I Know I'm Homesick
5. Calling Monty "Mimi" and having vivid dreams of Mimi.
4. Starting to nag at Stu in mandarin and singlish
3. Feel like crying with the slightest provocation
2. Actually crying with a little more than the slightest provocation
1. Creating provocation by watching 'I am Sam' and 'A Walk to Remember' DVDs. Heck, even 'My Big Fat Greek Wedding' made me cry.

If only my work was a little better, if only I had the courage to quit and not go to work depressed everyday. If only I had a fren here to complain to. And if only October comes next week....

1 comment:

weishan said...

hang in there, huay. october will come soon enuff... cheery up ya?

when i was homesick in scotland, i watched loads of chinese dvds, wrote many silly chinese letters to mummy, went shopping for silly things for family and frens... maybe u can do some of these?

and everyone back home is just a phone call away or a msn chat away.