Sunday, July 02, 2006

Bored n Hungry

I'm sitting at home waiting for the dear husband to come home with food. Apparently there isn't any fish today so he's buying Red Roosters. I told him 3 times to buy just enough for us, and not for a whole army like he always does...can't wait to see if he's gonna listen to me today.

Escaped to Castle Towers this afternoon, had a good but expensive sushi meal by myself. I was just craving for Jappie food so much...

Walked around a bit, wasn't in the mood to shop even though all windows had 'SALE' on them. Well..especially after seeing that the Peter Alexander pyjamas I bought for spoilt husband just last week has been reduced by $20, I was a little bit fed up and couldn't find the courage to buy anything. Finally I went to the supermarket and got ingredients to recreate the beautiful salad I had at Tommy's place.

Bought red cabbage, baby rocket and spinach, pine nuts, balsamic vinegar, parmesan cheese, sundried tomatoes. Went home in excitement, dry-roasted the pine nuts, shaved the cheese, tossed the salad with balsamic, and Voila!!! We have some sort of Tommy's Salad! Not as nice though..the cheese is too strong tasting, but well, that'll do.

No comments: