Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Happy

This year has been exceptional in that I count my blessings all the time. The biggest one is phenomenal, once-in-a-lifetime, and what I'd only thought to be in my dreams only. That is, being proposed to in the most romantic way, by the most wonderful man in the world.

"There are times I am bewildered by each mile I have traveled, each meal I have eaten, each person I have known, each room in which I have slept." (Jhumpa Lahiri - Interpreter of Maladies)

It has come to this, despite my failings and mistakes, and not too few moments of despair that I could not be as lucky or happy as I'd like. I can't help being afraid that it will come to an end, sometimes I just can't believe my luck. But for now, let me revel in this. Let me be happy. Let's talk about the future when it comes.

It's true, I couldn't see my future until I met Stu.

My family have been so supportive and great. I no longer feel my mom loves me less, and everyday my brother does or says something to show his maturity. It's a great feeling to be proud of your family.

My friends...Pearlyn being the only one who knows everything about me, accepts me for what I am, even with her high moral standards. I could not ask for more. Meng, my dearest animal friend, who is going to fly all the way from USA to be my bridesmaid..she said, "I would not miss it for the world". Iris, ever willing to go all the way to help. Bryan, I dun even need to say much, for I know he will not judge me. Todd, my ever favourite gossip partner. Apple, still in her own world, but endearing and giving in her own generous ways. These are the few people I will miss dearly when I leave.

Colleagues are genuinely happy for me and excited about my wedding. Even Param, learning that she and Sangeeta have specially bought saris for the dinner warms my heart. KK is gonna try to come back from HK for the big day too!

........I've never received as many blessings and bouquets as I did this year.

1 comment:

AquaticHue said...

Miss turtle... Kindly update update. Psss... you should be able to guess who am I right? Hugs..