Saturday, January 06, 2007

Back from the North

Just came back from a 1-week holiday up the Northern Coasts. Stu and I woke up at 3am on Saturday morning, packed our bags and started the 10-hr drive to Lismore at 5am. Stayed at his friend's place and visited Ballina, Lennox Head, Byron Bay. Many firsts for me this trip - first time sat in a car for 10-hrs straight up, first time seen a skinny dipper, first time jumped into unknown watering hole in the middle of nowhere, first time hit cane toads with a golf club, first time seen a wild koala on a tree just off the road, first time fed cows, first time rode a horse for 2 hours, first time fell off a horse, and first time had a horse roll over me. Well actually the horse slipped and fell, that's why I fell, and I was bloody lucky to just get a bruised thigh and nothing else. Drove another 2 hours to Gold Coast - had the best time there cos I was right in my element with the shopping and good good restaurants. *Aquatichue - Gold Coast is the place to move to if I were you*

Now I have to go back to bed cos I'm down with fever. Will post photos on flickr soon.

3 comments:

pea said...

u clubbed a toad?? =P

Toadjuice said...

ey! ey! ey! ey!

Hui Ching said...

Yup, that's how they get rid of pests. Swing, hit, toad over the fence, plop.