Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Dinner with Poofs

Went to colleague's cosy apartment in Oxford St for a Happy Hari Raya dinner. He's Malay, Malaysian, and gay. There was me and hubby, colleague, and his 3 friends - 2 gay men (who were together for 7 years and broke up last year, but still good friends. One ex-Singaporean, and the other from Wales), and an Indonesian girl. I've always wanted a gay friend and now I have so many. The feed was good (chicken curry, prawns, ketupat), the company better. The poofs were so funny with their stories of how they became queens...especially the ex-Singaporean who made us laugh with how he had to act butch so his family would not know. Enjoyed the evening, and Stu did too, as he told me later, he likes hanging out with my friends as he thinks I have good taste in friends.

No comments: